Monday, June 13, 2011

Our Carter Boy

What a cutie!
Carter is almost 17 months old now.
He is getting so big and so fun. He can understand a lot of what we say to him, which is fantastic. He just started going to nursery and he LOVES it! That's actually an understatement, since he did not cry or even care at all when I left him there, but then he did cry when I came back to pick him up because he didn't want to leave. They were playing with bubbles which he's never even seen before and he wanted to stay there all day and play with the bubbles and his nursery friends. I was a little offended but I guess I should be grateful that he enjoys playing and being social. He is a pretty funny kid. He makes me laugh everyday. I love watching him learn new things. I find so much joy in teaching him and making him laugh. And I love how special I feel when he reaches for me.
In a couple weeks he won't be the only child anymore, I am hoping he adjusts well to that. I know he will love his little sister and I'm excited for them to be able to play together as she gets older.
Carter loves his daddy, when Logan comes home from work Carter says "hi daddy". It is so sweet. And anytime Carter is with daddy it's always playtime. He gets all excited and starts acting a little crazy. He knows playtime with daddy means he gets to be tickled and thrown around.
Carter loves his little buddies too. He likes to try and do what they can do. He follows them around and copies them. It's pretty cute to see them interact with each other.
Carter never eats as well as the other kids, which has been the story of his life. This picture is awesome because you can see his little personality, he's a cheeseball. When it's time for pictures he makes all kinds of funny cheesy faces. He likes the attention.
Life with Carter is Fantastic. This little boy sleeps in until almost 11am everyday! And then takes a nap in the afternoon. He loves to play with toys and balls and read books. He also loves watching baby einstein videos. He loves to be tickled. And he has to have his little silky blanket at night to sleep (this blanket grosses me out because he sucks all over it and now its turning brown) I try to wash it as much as I can but its hopeless. And I've tried giving him other blankets instead but they are just not the same. Oh well, he loves it! What can you do?
Well, we only have 2 more weeks until our little girl is due!
We are very excited to meet this little princess and become a family of 4.

2 comments:

amanda said...

he's so cute! love the pictures!

David and Summer Jenkins said...

Carter is looking so cute...and it looks like you are having so much fun! I can't wait to hear about your little girl...she will be here in no time at all! Wish I were there to help. Hope all is well.